Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Right to work for less coming to Missouri

Default Right to work for less coming to Missouri

http://fox2now.com/2017/01/10/right-...efferson-city/

Here we go. Change won't be overnight but this has the same result in every state. Bust the unions, increase profits to the top 1%, wages for works in both union and on union jobs either stagnate or even lower. Work place safety deteriorates.

Good job with your economic anxiety, dipshits. You fucked yourselves.

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

The unions are busting themselves. Sit in a contract negotitiation once, and you'll lose a whole lot of respect for Unions. Piss on the younger members, to protect me and mine, is what it's turned into.

" I don't think anyone knows what Treason is anymore.."

~ Taint

~ Taint

Quote Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
    The unions are busting themselves. Sit in a contract negotitiation once, and you'll lose a whole lot of respect for Unions. Piss on the younger members, to protect me and mine, is what it's turned into.
    "It worked, guys! High five!"

--Owners

Cool. An anecdote that should be expanded to massively transform our economic system and shatter any reminants of a middle class that is left.

"

I don't understand how anyone who has really studied the history of the struggle of labor can sit there and say "unions aren't needed". But then I remember our education is shite and people really want to repeat history.

"

Quote Originally Posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
    Cool. An anecdote that should be expanded to massively transform our economic system and shatter any reminants of a middle class that is left.
    Did I tell you about that one time I was on a job and I couldn't move this paint can because a union painter wasn't there to do it, so I couldn't do my job and unions suck so bad we really need to get rid of them because they're lazy and dumb and I hate them?

Moon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d555abfc9f23

Now that troubling for the middle class union workers, particularly retirees.

I don't understand how anyone who has really studied the history of the struggle of labor can sit there and say "unions aren't needed". But then I remember our education is shite and people really want to repeat history.
    All you have to keep in mind is that no one likes seeing anyone else do better than they are, or seeing others get something that they don't think those people deserve. It's why Trump voters hate the ACA, because it gives health insurance to lazy, drug addict, black people. They want ACA for themselves, but not for others. Same goes for unions. "I don't have a union, so you shouldn't either!"

Moon

~ Taint

How many of those giant inflatable rats do the Unions buy each year? We need them to keep that industry going

I'm not a financial expert but pretty sure you need new workers to continue paying pensions....

"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    How many of those giant inflatable rats do the Unions buy each year? We need them to keep that industry going
    Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    Rats.
    Yeah. I know

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    She reminds me of a female Ted Cruz.

"

Did I say they weren't needed? No, they're invaluable, but they better adapt to current conditions and figure that annuities are sadly a thing of the past. Demographics shifts and the collapse of the bond market doomed Union pensions.. Oh and the affordable care act is currently negatively impacting them as well.

There's a rat in the building...a dirty rat in the building....

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Yeah. I know
    I thought you wrote gorillas. I could be blind.

Did I say they weren't needed? No, they're invaluable, but they better adapt to current conditions and figure that annuities are sadly a thing of the past. Demographics shifts and the collapse of the bond market doomed Union pensions.. Oh and the affordable care act is currently negatively impacting them as well.
    That was more a comment towards people in general that are opposed to unions. It's imposible to have this discussion without someone saying "unions are obsolete" being said at some point. Also I wasn't under the impression that most unions received annuities. I know it isn't all.

"

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    There's a rat in the building...a dirty rat in the building....
    James Cagney?

"
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark
    and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."
    -- Will Ferrell, on being American

Pyramid

Scheme

I'm not a financial expert but pretty sure you need new workers to continue paying pensions....
    The old pro pyramid scheme argument?

I have no problem with unions and if people would like to join one. I like that people will have to option to join or not now.
    Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post
    All you have to keep in mind is that no one likes seeing anyone else do better than they are, or seeing others get something that they don't think those people deserve. It's why Trump voters hate the ACA, because it gives health insurance to lazy, drug addict, black people. They want ACA for themselves, but not for others. Same goes for unions. "I don't have a union, so you shouldn't either!"

Moon
    As I said in another thread.. The need to tear others down is stronger than the need to lift one's self up. The rich know this and will capitalize on it. Always. The shitty education system is just one piece to the puzzle.

"

Thread Information