Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GDT: 1/10/17 - Blues vs Bruins, 7pm

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
    Was watching the Blues 50 years thing that aired Sunday....Harry Ornest....gawd almighty, what a piece of work.

I had never heard the story of the team walking over after game seven in Calgary.
    Details please?
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Anyone notice Backes called the refs in after Edmunson landed a solid punch to the head?

Quote Originally Posted by nxtgr81 View Post
    Anyone notice Backes called the refs in after Edmunson landed a solid punch to the head?
    I said the same thing. Saw Edmunson get a good shot in and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prngr44 View Post
    I said the same thing. Saw Edmunson get a good shot in and that was that.
    I get that he is just getting over a concussion, but if you are going to challenge someone, don't throw punches and then immadiately ask the refs to stop as soon as the guy you are fighting lands one.

Having said that, I give Backes credit. When he was in St. Louis he never stepped up for his teammates, but he wasn't alone, nobody did. I always thought it was a pretty big flaw in his character, but said since nobody steps up, it has to be an order from the coach. Well, new coach, new team and look who answers the bell.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Santana View Post
    Details please?
    The Blues had a charter set up to take them to Montreal had they beaten Calgary on the road in game seven in 1986. But once they lost, Ornest cancelled the flight and the Blues, literally, had to find their own ways home. Susie Mathieu was actually trying to buy tickets on players' personal credit cards. Some didn't get home until 9 p.m. the following day.

The Blues had a charter set up to take them to Montreal had they beaten Calgary on the road in game seven in 1986. But once they lost, Ornest cancelled the flight and the Blues, literally, had to find their own ways home. Susie Mathieu was actually trying to buy tickets on players' personal credit cards. Some didn't get home until 9 p.m. the following day.
    I have heard versions of that story prior to the interview and was floored it was that desperate...

"
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark
    and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."
    -- Will Ferrell, on being American

The NHL PA mist have been a real force back then.
    Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Quote Originally Posted by raise View Post
    The NHL PA mist have been a real force back then.
    Allan Eagleson was busy stealing pension money...

"
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I have heard versions of that story prior to the interview and was floored it was that desperate...
    Absolutely. The stuff they were talking about sounded more like an underfunded high school sports program than a major-league franchise.

And I had forgotten all about the Joey Mullen trade. Ouch.

Corsi numbers from last night:

Perron -15
    Schwartz -8
    Berglund -9
    Bouwmeester -8
    Lehtera -5

Brodziak, Reaves, Upshall +9
    Here comes Cheveldaaaaaaaaae!!!!!!!!

nxtgr81's ratings from last night:

Hutton was above average
    Everyone else sucked

Jake Allen has the lowest save percentage in the NHL on low danger shots, per @CorsicaHockey (min. 1,000 minutes of ice time). STLBlues - wheels

Absolutely. The stuff they were talking about sounded more like an underfunded high school sports program than a major-league franchise.
    And I had forgotten all about the Joey Mullen trade. Ouch.
    The Liut trade, though it landed Greg Millen, was also super shitty...

"

Thanks.

I hadn't heard that story. Sure Ornest was cheap but he did step in when Ralston Purina threw the Blues back at the league like a bag of unwanted dog food.
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Thread Information