Page 208 of 349 FirstFirst ... 108158183206207208209210233258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 8705

Thread: (L) The 2016 Election GDT Extravaganza; President Donald J. Trump

Trump to me was the stiff slap you get to wake you up.

Oh, so half the country is racist. No really racist. That we are a lot closer to a break down in society than we thought. Many good people voted for Trump because for some reason they felt that they weren't getting enough. Most not hurting at all just economic anxiety, with a side of racism.

Should we leave the Dems in power they may give away the store. I don't like that Trump but he isn't one of them.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=465102

Quote Originally Posted by Schwahalala View Post

Oh, so half the country is racist. No really racist. That we are a lot closer to a break down in society than we thought. Many good people voted for Trump because for some reason they felt that they weren't getting enough. Most not hurting at all just economic anxiety, with a side of racism.

Should we leave the Dems in power they may give away the store. I don't like that Trump but he isn't one of them.
    You are correct.
    "Remember, remember, the Eight of November, 2016"

Not My President!

I'm not good with Hillary lost.

I'm perfectly good with the Republicans won.

Stonewalled the Supreme Court - Manipulated the FBI - still won an election they had no business winning..

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

I'll never understand how anyone could vote for Trump, Schwa. The only thing that makes sense to me is that a whole lot of people have lost their minds.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

I'm openly rooting for mass chaos in Trump's Inauguration Day. I'm hoping for many acts of civil disobedience and clashes. May the air in DC choke with tear gas and pepper spray. I hope his ceremony has to be moved inside.

Not My President!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
    I'll never understand how anyone could vote for Trump, Schwa. The only thing that makes sense to me is that a whole lot of people have lost their minds.
    Exactly Kenny,

To me the shock is not that Trump won the Presidency. To me the shock was he won a state. You mean enough people in one state bought enough of that bull to win. West Virginia as bad as it is - never should have gone for Trump.

Let's see, we are going to vote for Trump because he offers us the best chance. Can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
    I'm openly rooting for mass chaos in Trump's Inauguration Day. I'm hoping for many acts of civil disobedience and clashes. May the air in DC choke with tear gas and pepper spray. I hope his ceremony has to be moved inside.
    Yeah, no doubt. Trump would probably deal with mass rioting reasonably and with full respect of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post
    No doubt that there are many racists in this country. But the data suggested - when Clinton made her "Basket of Depolorables" comment - that about 40-45% of Trump voters correlated with racist perspectives. Fine. 40% of Trump primary voters are racist. If you want to extrapolate that out to the general election, that's about 25-30 million people. His final vote total is about 62 million. So tell me where he got the other 35 million votes? All 62 million voted for Trump because they wanted a racist in the White House? Sorry, I don't believe it, and I have a pretty dim view of the racial sensitivity of most of our fellow Americans. Ascribing this election to race is just as dangerous as ascribing it to misogyny. Unless you want to make the case that all of the people who voted for Bill Clinton were condoning womanizing and misogyny.

There was probably a lot going on that contributed to the Clinton loss. And one need not be a racist to feel like the emphasis the Democratic party put on race and identity politics took away from other important issues, like jobs. Trump had an economic message, as disingenuous and wrapped in racism and xenophobia as it was. Clinton's message was, "Unemployment is under 5%!" Well, guess what, the economic picture is a little more complicated than that. Her team failed to "get" the message from voters that Sanders and Trump did get, that despite raw unemployment numbers, many people really are hurting economically, and people like Clinton, Jeb Bush, and other establishment types trumpet free trade agreements and technological change as being "good" without addressing the very real costs that come along with that.

Moon
    She said half of them were deplorable. Not all. Seems kinda simple.

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    She was a fine candidate.

-MEG
    I think all I have said is she was the better candidate. Which is true. And most American voters agreed.

Racism and racists won this election for Trump, no ifs and or buts about it.

I mean his entire campaign message was dripping with racism.

It must meet with a loud and harsh response. We are not going to take this crap just sitting by idly.

Not My President!

It must meet with a loud and harsh response. We are not going to take this crap just sitting by idly.
    So you are flying out to DC for the inauguration I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    So you are flying out to DC for the inauguration I'm guessing?
    I'd really like to. I did go in 2008. That was cool.

Not My President!

Conversly Moon, for the supposedly non racist friends of mine who said they voted for Trump because it was their turn, I truly believe thats how they felt. I think they feel the whole system is rigged and therefore there was very little difference between Hillary as a candidate and Trump as a candidate. The major difference they saw was that Hillary was one of them and Donald was one of us.

The dangerous part of that stance is they couldn't tell the difference between a human who had selfish motives and a human who had selfish motives that didn't care for anyone's welfare but his.

They were willing to bet on the crazy one hurting enough others to help them. And they knew his platform was of hurt and pain. As long as it was to someone else, they were good.

That's not economic anxiety, that's cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by rexracer View Post
    Let crony capitalism reign. Odd to see who celebrates kleptocracy.

Why do I have the feeling that Trump "regulators" will rubber stamp Sprint's next attempt to takeover T-Mobile. Will certainly be good for consumers, though. Who could suspect otherwise.

By the way, do you know how much stock Trump owns in Sprint or T-Mobile or any of these companies he's promoting or tanking?
    The Body is Tired, But the Spirit is Willing.

Exactly Kenny,

To me the shock is not that Trump won the Presidency. To me the shock was he won a state. You mean enough people in one state bought enough of that bull to win. West Virginia as bad as it is - never should have gone for Trump.

Let's see, we are going to vote for Trump because he offers us the best chance. Can't see it.
    I'll go even further. Back when Trump first announced, i told a friend I'd buy him lunch if he won a single delegate. That was over quickly.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Understand the sentiment, but exactly the wrong response. Just tells the racists they were right all along.

The best response is to get organized. Get people registered and explain if they don't vote in the midterms, the people out to destroy their lives will just get a stronger foothold. The only thing that matters is winning elections. No, I don't know exactly how you go about doing that, but that's the answer.
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ppg shg View Post
    Let crony capitalism reign. Odd to see who celebrates kleptocracy.

Why do I have the feeling that Trump "regulators" will rubber stamp Sprint's next attempt to takeover T-Mobile. Will certainly be good for consumers, though. Who could suspect otherwise.

By the way, do you know how much stock Trump owns in Sprint or T-Mobile or any of these companies he's promoting or tanking?
    The shackles will be taken off!!!!

Had no idea that sprint was Japanese owned. Celebrations in Overland Park!!!! Domo origato, Mr Trump
    Sketch in STL
    Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Understand the sentiment, but exactly the wrong response. Just tells the racists they were right all along.

The best response is to get organized. Get people registered and explain if they don't vote in the midterms, the people out to destroy their lives will just get a stronger foothold. The only thing that matters is winning elections. No, I don't know exactly how you go about doing that, but that's the answer.
    I get you, but the racists are going to think they're right no matter waht.

Not My President!

I'll go even further. Back when Trump first announced, i told a friend I'd buy him lunch if he won a single delegate. That was over quickly.

I wish you had been right.

Quote Originally Posted by rexracer View Post
    Weird that a public company wouldn't announce this and let PE Dumbfuck do it.

Unless it's the same deal from October...
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

I think Airshark offered me 100 bucks if he won a single primary.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Yaks votes for Trump, is screwed, and then is confused.

There will be lots.

Can we put Flynn and Giuliani in a home?

-Barry Goldwater

Thread Information