Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 103558596061 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1508

Thread: Mizzou basketball - a raging dumpster fire - possible extinguisher purchased

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Chiro 75 View Post
    Didn't think they had much of a shot with Smith.
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

RIP Cards252 2007 - 2016
    You're in the Cloak of Anonimity of Heaven now

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
    Didn't think they had much of a shot with Smith.
    me either but what im wondering is where is the extra scholarship coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Chiro 75 View Post
    me either but what im wondering is where is the extra scholarship coming from?
    Ah. Not sure. Trig will know.
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

RIP Cards252 2007 - 2016

They have plenty of options to pull one.

6. Default

I honestly don't know though. I can tell you that I'll be shocked if its Van Leer or Geist, two popular fan whipping boys. Van Leer loves Mizzou, and he ain't going anywhere from what I hear. Geist is apparently dating the older Cunningham hoops sister, the one who just graduated. Lindsay I think her name is. Anyway, Lindsay Cunningham is going to be a GA on Robin Pingeton's staff next year so Geist is sticking around too.

The obvious candidate is Jacoby Kemp. If he red-shirted last year... I mean...
    I like cheese.

The more I have read on Knox, the more I can't help but think that his best landing spot may be MIZZOU. He isn't nearly as polished a recruit as someone like Porter,Jr., and could be put at the 4, which would be a total mismatch in his favor due to his speed and athleticism. If I have read it right, he would be a 3 elsewhere. At the 3, he will likely have harder assignments on both ends of the floor. Might work out for him to work on his game exposing his better attributes in competition, while letting Porter handle the rock and more difficult defensive assignments more. He would still rack up the stats for his draft status, and the perceived flaws in his game would be less obvious as he worked on them.

That said, self interest may be guiding my thought process.
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Wouldn't you go play for the best coach? And in the best system? With the best players?

He's a 3 at the next level, no?

I hope Mizzou gets him because it will be fun. But, it makes absolutely no sense for him.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

I read something a couple of weeks ago that one of the intriguing things about Mizzou for him was that all of the attention and best defensive players would be focused on Porter. Which leaves him more freedom on the opposite side. But who knows. Maybe he likes blue more than black and gold?
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Quote Originally Posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Wouldn't you go play for the best coach? And in the best system? With the best players?

I hope Mizzou gets him because it will be fun. But, it makes absolutely no sense for him.
    I can agree with this. In no scenerio, where a kid can play pretty much anywhere he wants, would anyone pick Mizzou. Sure hope he does though
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Yeah, but if he goes to NC or Duke or wherever else he is looking (Kentucky? I haven't been following)....all of the good defensive players will be guarding the other 4 really good players.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Also, I call dibs on Unfrozen Caveman Small Forward nickname if he signs.

-Barry Goldwater

Yeah, but if he goes to NC or Duke or wherever else he is looking (Kentucky? I haven't been following)....all of the good defensive players will be guarding the other 4 really good players.
    True. The only upside for a Mizzou would be that he would probably get more touches. At the blue bloods, he's one of 6 or 7 great players. At Mizzou, he's #2. Maybe not enough to sell a recruit like that on but can't think of another reason he'd consider the Tigers.

RIP Cards252 2007 - 2016

I think he is still a One and done, so I'm not sure the coach matters that greatly. He is a 3 at the next level. My point was that playing the 3 now, as a raw ball handler and a raw player overall, might not be the best way to expose himself to talent evaluators. Sometimes it is better to be a projectable talent, rather than someone thought to not have certain skills. Personally, I think he ends up at Duke, even if the Duke guy thinks he ends up at MIZZOU.
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
    True. The only upside for a Mizzou would be that he would probably get more touches. At the blue bloods, he's one of 6 or 7 great players. At Mizzou, he's #2. Maybe not enough to sell a recruit like that on but can't think of another reason he'd consider the Tigers.
    Agree with that. I have never seen him play, so no idea if he is a starter for Duke (or gets meaningful touches/minutes). If he doesn't think he will and wants to showcase talent to bounce after a year, Mizzou would be the place. But if he is a lottery pick, he shouldn't worry about getting PT.

-Barry Goldwater

i think if he goes to mu it's not for logical reasons. maybe he clicks with cuonzo, maybe he just really wants to go to school with Porter. mauve he thinks that he'll never be any more than just a guy at duke whereas he and porter would be legends in Columbia if they turn this thing around.

Yeah, seems like a Fab Five sale would be the pull. Silly, but kids are kids. I imagine his life will turn out fine regardless of school choice.

Except for his sevenhead.

-Barry Goldwater

Blue Zone and Birdo have further accentuated what I surmised in my 2 posts last evening regarding reasons Knox [may as well] go to Mizzou over more choice programs. But again, I was mostly speaking of how I would approach my decision-making if in his shoes. I also give credence to opposing thoughts, however, and understand the rationale therein.

More importantly, Birdo's comparison to SNL's Caveman Lawyer is dead on and hilarious. Nicely done.

19. Default

Apparently during the in-home, Cuonzo told Knox I and Knox II that if Kevin came to Mizzou, MPJr would play the 4 a lot, and Knox would play the 2-3.
    I like cheese.

Here's a KC Star interview with Knox I concerning his son's home visits from this week.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...146003379.html

FWIW, I do still think we have a shot, but even if he doesn't come to MU Knox I's reaction to CM and MU gives me confidence that we will be winning some of these recruiting battles in the near future.

Earlier this week, Jontay Porter, younger brother of incoming freshman Michael Porter Jr., announced that he’ll take an official visit to Mizzou on Monday.
    Jontay, a 6-9 forward and recently upgraded to a five-star prospect for the 2018 class by Rivals.com, could still reclassify as a 2017 recruit and join his brother at Mizzou this fall depending on how the Tigers’ class takes shape.

Matrem tuam pedicavi

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blue zone View Post
    Earlier this week, Jontay Porter, younger brother of incoming freshman Michael Porter Jr., announced that he’ll take an official visit to Mizzou on Monday.
    Jontay, a 6-9 forward and recently upgraded to a five-star prospect for the 2018 class by Rivals.com, could still reclassify as a 2017 recruit and join his brother at Mizzou this fall depending on how the Tigers’ class takes shape.
    Jontay's first big AAU game for MoKan was tonight. 30 points, 14 rebounds. Saw a video of him -- all 6' 10" -- coming off a screen and dropping a 3-ball from the top of the key.

I think it moved.
    I like cheese.

I can't keep up. What are the most realistic and optimistic scenarios?

24. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash View Post
    I can't keep up. What are the most realistic and optimistic scenarios?
    Realistic: last two schollies go to the grad transfer out of Canisius and Jeremiah Tilmon.

Optimistic: Knox and Tilmon

Pessimistic: The grad transfer and....?
    I like cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by triggercut1 View Post
    Jontay's first big AAU game for MoKan was tonight. 30 points, 14 rebounds. Saw a video of him -- all 6' 10" -- coming off a screen and dropping a 3-ball from the top of the key.

I think it moved.
    So as excited as I am about landing MPJR and others in this class, I think next year's class is almost more important. Is HCCM going to be able to continue the momentum and keep this thing going? Especially with Porter being a one and done, he'll need to find guys who are going to keep things moving forward. He never stayed at any place long enough to establish and continue those recruiting relationships. So I'm hopeful he can follow this class up with another top 25 class

RIP Cards252 2007 - 2016

Thread Information