Page 342 of 362 FirstFirst ... 242292317340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9049

Thread: Baby

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice View Post
    doesn't believe in pre-k.

RIGHT?!
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by LRob View Post
    I think change can be good for kids from a learning perspective.
    Yeah, anxiety and loneliness are some of the better known precursors to academic achievement.

Just an opinion really, but new experience, new environment
    Don't do it!!!

The woman I emailed w/ who's kids went to MICDS & JB said she didnt even entertain the idea of starting her kids at MICDS in K because she didn't think it was beneficial for a kid to stay in the same environment from 4 to 18.

Webster's 6th grade center's scores are pretty good(not as good as Kirkwood obviously) so really you just need to yank out your kids for 2 years not 3.
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

Let's not turn into a bunch of Ice's in here & stick w/ a nice conversation.

The woman I emailed w/ who's kids went to MICDS & JB said she didnt even entertain the idea of starting her kids at MICDS in K because she didn't think it was beneficial for a kid to stay in the same environment from 4 to 18.
    H@ H@ but 5 to 18 is okay?
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

if there's one thing a developing child doesn't need, it's stability.

I switched grade schools and high schools, public and private, and it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
    I meant Pre-K. I was on my phone putting the baby down for a nap.

some woman said that's the way to go.

You guys, I have no idea what I'll do, just bouncing ideas around. So, Splinter, you can cool it.

Well, I mean you are talking about the possibility of public school with one breathe, and then MICDS and JB with the next. Doesn't really compute.

Sorry if that sounded Iceish, but I lived it. I'm not talking shit. I don't hold it against my mom because she was single and poor. If she had made me change schools just because she wanted to, I would have hated her for it. Period.

Webster's 6th grade center's scores are pretty good(not as good as Kirkwood obviously) so really you just need to yank out your kids for 2 years not 3.
    Do Kirkwood's scores dip in middle school too?

go along with Lrob, else you're an Ice!

Sounds like a real cheezy's sister

Quote Originally Posted by rfriday View Post
    Sorry if that sounded Iceish, but I lived it. I'm not talking shit. I don't hold it against my mom because she was single and poor. If she had made me change schools just because she wanted to, I would have hated her for it. Period.
    I feel like it would be strictly to benefit my child on a academic level otherwise I wouldn't entertain the idea.

LLG, your real lesson to learn here is don't put too much stock in those community mom message board things. A lady on the Kirkwood Swap and Sell posted about a bad experience at a local bakery and 35 other people chimed in! It's a bakery! People love to tell you about their bad experience at XYZ. And middle school parents are probably the worst at that.

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    Well, I mean you are talking about the possibility of public school with one breathe, and then MICDS and JB with the next. Doesn't really compute.
    Why?

They're schools.

You guys, I have no idea what I'll do, just bouncing ideas around. So, Splinter, you can cool it.
    Cool it on what? Thinking that it's not a great or realistic idea? Ok

Why?

They're schools.
    Because, there's 0% chance your kids are going to public school.

LLG, your real lesson to learn here is don't put too much stock in those community mom message board things. A lady on the Kirkwood Swap and Sell posted about a bad experience at a local bakery and 35 other people chimed in! It's a bakery! People love to tell you about their bad experience at XYZ. And middle school parents are probably the worst at that.
    You are a smart man, Tupelo. Hixon will be fine, Llg.

This is someone I know & she sent me a ton of information. It was thoughtful.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sabe View Post
    Do Kirkwood's scores dip in middle school too?
    I don't know. I wasn't sure how to check. Both middle schools were among the top 10 or so according to that Post site.

This is someone I know & she sent me a ton of information. It was thoughtful.
    Maybe I'm smarter than that lady.

Thread Information