Page 339 of 362 FirstFirst ... 239289314337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 9049

Thread: Baby

  1. #8451

    Default

    Homework? For preschool?
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

  2. #8452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    These schools are usually Pre-k-6th or 8th grade
    Oh, that makes more sense.

  3. #8453
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    I think mine would be

    Location
    Costs
    Nice people / staff
    Appearance / cleanliness
    Reputation
    Workers sluttiness level

  4. #8454

    Default

    You can ask about the backgrounds and qualifications of the teachers. I like to know the student and teacher demographics. I mean, is it all white female teachers? It would be cool if they had some men on the staff, you know?

  5. #8455

    Default

    Wife told me last night our son's preschool teacher pulled her aside and told her, privately, that her last day is friday. Said the school doesn't want her telling people and aren't going to say anything until they find a replacement.

    We haven't had any problems with this place at all, but that shit pisses me off. How the fuck are you just not going to tell people that?

  6. #8456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    I think mine would be

    Location
    Costs
    Nice people / staff
    Appearance / cleanliness
    Reputation
    Workers sluttiness level
    When you're talking about paying $20k a year you better make sure you get what you pay for

  7. #8457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    How early can I drop them off and when do I need to pick them up.
    I've got that one under lock & key!

  8. #8458
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    When you're talking about paying $20k a year you better make sure you get what you pay for
    That gal said 20k a year for preschool

  9. #8459
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    You can ask about the backgrounds and qualifications of the teachers. I like to know the student and teacher demographics. I mean, is it all white female teachers? It would be cool if they had some men on the staff, you know?
    You don't want men there.

  10. #8460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    That gal said 20k a year for preschool
    I think I made it clear we're talking about elementary school/middle school

  11. #8461
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    111,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    When you're talking about paying $20k a year you better make sure you get what you pay for
    Hitting up Andrews Academy or something?

    /haven't read thread

    "
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark
    and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."
    -- Will Ferrell, on being American

  12. #8462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    I think I made it clear we're talking about elementary school/middle school
    Those places are $20k/yr?

  13. #8463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    I normally ask about their philosophy and approach to early childhood. A good answer for me would be something like play-based or Emelia Reggio. A bad answer is what I heard at St. Roch which was "a mix of reading and math."

    I ask what a typical day looks like, how they approach discipline, since they don't do state testing what do they do instead, how homework works (that's a big thing with schools right now), opportunities for extra-curricular activities (you'd be surprised how depressing this is at the fancy private schools). Um...let me think what else...
    Yes, this is what I needed. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    You can ask about the backgrounds and qualifications of the teachers. I like to know the student and teacher demographics. I mean, is it all white female teachers? It would be cool if they had some men on the staff, you know?
    I've got these down!

  14. #8464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    That gal said 20k a year for preschool
    she probably meant 2k.

  15. #8465

    Default

    You know what else I would ask? I would ask about required or recommended fundraisers. Because my sister is at one of these fancy private schools and there are quite a few required fundraisers where you have to or are strongly encouraged to donate. That's on top if the $18k a year tuition.

  16. #8466
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy E View Post
    You know what else I would ask? I would ask about required or recommended fundraisers. Because my sister is at one of these fancy private schools and there are quite a few required fundraisers where you have to or are strongly encouraged to donate. That's on top if the $18k a year tuition.
    Bread Co now asks you to tip on the credit card machine when you pay!

  17. #8467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Bread Co now asks you to tip on the credit card machine when you pay!
    Exactly

  18. #8468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    You don't want men there.
    there are some male teachers at my kids school, im fine with that. I don't like that he wants everyone to call him Mr. Paul, how about just your last name Paul?

  19. #8469

    Default

    I guess Jr will be going to public school, afterall

  20. #8470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Bread Co now asks you to tip on the credit card machine when you pay!
    Do you tip?

  21. #8471

    Default

    Male preschool teacher is either a massive stoner, child molester, or both.

  22. #8472
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    Those places are $20k/yr?
    We've probably discussed by why not move? I mean that's a lot of money that could be going to a BW house in Ladue for Gods sake

  23. #8473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    We've probably discussed by why not move? I mean that's a lot of money that could be going to a BW house in Ladue for Gods sake
    I think Cheezy wants a diverse student population. Like exactly 55% Caucasian, 27% African American, 14% Chinese, 7% Latino, 9% Thai, 3.2% German and 11% Australian. Hard to find at public schools.
    You are a weird kid. Just leave me alone. Not sure what you're doing here with a bunch of 30+ yo dudes. Carry on. Leave me out of your comments. Thanks.

  24. #8474
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    Do you tip?
    No, and I felt like the girl was kinda disappointed in me.

    Bitch, it was $35 for lunch meat!

  25. #8475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
    I think Cheezy wants a diverse student population. Like exactly 55% Caucasian, 27% African American, 14% Chinese, 7% Latino, 9% Thai, 3.2% German and 11% Australian. Hard to find at public schools.
    I'm not going to have this conversation again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •