Page 1867 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 8671367176718171842186518661867186818691892 ... LastLast
Results 46,651 to 46,675 of 47578

Thread: InsideSTL emergency Meat up Point, random thoughts & observations you might have

Quote Originally Posted by thelivingend View Post
    im sure Bridgett is taking care of whatever money my dad has. except the part my mom gets, hah.
    New mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    Stop. I was asking a real question.

I'm not sure why you are so against this. Rich people do it all the time. So I'm not sure why they do it if it's dumbs.
    maybe they arent actually taking from their retirement, maybe its just cash on hand but now that they are pulling from retirement they no longer need it so they gift it...just spitballin here...paid off the house a couple years back, been sticking the mortgage payments into a 'rainy day' fund.

Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    maybe they arent actually taking from their retirement, maybe its just cash on hand but now that they are pulling from retirement they no longer need it so they gift it...just spitballin here...paid off the house a couple years back, been sticking the mortgage payments into a 'rainy day' fund.
    Yeah I wasn't saying I'm taking money from my parents that need it. The 500k was an example. What if it was 2 million. No biggie

We refi'd to a 15 year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, fellas. I'll be stuffing $35k checks in my son's pockets in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    We refi'd to a 15 year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, fellas. I'll be stuffing $35k checks in my son's pockets in no time.
    Boom

Yeah I wasn't saying I'm taking money from my parents that need it. The 500k was an example. What if it was 2 million. No biggie
    what the fuck are you talking about? fuck it, i give up.

He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint

just wanted to congratulate you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint
    Just be a shitbag loser. It's worked out well for my Brother In Law.

and mom, its cool if I start calling you that, right? well you wanted Katelinne to go to the same high school as you, and as you can see from the chart, inflation is a B.

Mjonns I'm not the most versed on this, but I think you don't pay estate taxes until you reach the $5 MM limit. So it doesn't matter if you wait until death or give the $28K per year per person until you reach the $5MM.
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Official lounge sponsor of white privilege & openly accepted KKK meetings.

You should have bought a house you could afford
    Joneses, keep up

Just wait till trump eliminates the 5.4 mil death tax and then no one will have to worry about it

I don't think Mjohns is concerned about the taxes. He wants the money now, so he can start taking exotic vacations.

I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

And let's knock it off with the joneses talk. It's annoying

yeah, and you (someone) mentioned how they would be taxed if they were pulling money from their retirement to gift it. i was just coming up with other scenarios where someone might have $35k laying around and not in some sort of retirement fund.

I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

stop trying to keep up, and it will stop.

stop trying to keep up, and it will stop.
    Yawn

Keeping up with your sister? Is that better?
    Vision Boarding all up in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatdapint View Post
    Keeping up with your sister? Is that better?
    Shocker you chimed in.

Shocker you chimed in.
    Still sore on being called out for your vote, eh?
    Vision Boarding all up in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    This summer we will have lived in this house for 15 years on a 30 year loan, so it's kind of like we refinanced to a 15 year, right?

I think those rich people who do it, do it because they want to. Like, they just want to help out. Not because it's some smart business move.

I'm suppose to take my mom out for some drinks tonight. She's been taking care of my grandmother for 14 days straight around the clock. Where would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by wiggly View Post
    This summer we will have lived in this house for 15 years on a 30 year loan, so it's kind of like we refinanced to a 15 year, right?
    You haven't refinanced your house in the last 15 years?

Thread Information