Page 1867 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 8671367176718171842186518661867186818691892 ... LastLast
Results 46,651 to 46,675 of 47578

Thread: InsideSTL emergency Meat up Point, random thoughts & observations you might have

  1. #46651
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thelivingend View Post
    im sure Bridgett is taking care of whatever money my dad has. except the part my mom gets, hah.
    New mom!

  2. #46652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    Stop. I was asking a real question.

    I'm not sure why you are so against this. Rich people do it all the time. So I'm not sure why they do it if it's dumbs.
    maybe they arent actually taking from their retirement, maybe its just cash on hand but now that they are pulling from retirement they no longer need it so they gift it...just spitballin here...paid off the house a couple years back, been sticking the mortgage payments into a 'rainy day' fund.

  3. #46653
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    maybe they arent actually taking from their retirement, maybe its just cash on hand but now that they are pulling from retirement they no longer need it so they gift it...just spitballin here...paid off the house a couple years back, been sticking the mortgage payments into a 'rainy day' fund.
    Yeah I wasn't saying I'm taking money from my parents that need it. The 500k was an example. What if it was 2 million. No biggie

  4. #46654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    maybe they arent actually taking from their retirement, maybe its just cash on hand but now that they are pulling from retirement they no longer need it so they gift it...just spitballin here...paid off the house a couple years back, been sticking the mortgage payments into a 'rainy day' fund.
    We refi'd to a 15 year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, fellas. I'll be stuffing $35k checks in my son's pockets in no time.

  5. #46655
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    We refi'd to a 15 year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, fellas. I'll be stuffing $35k checks in my son's pockets in no time.
    Boom

  6. #46656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    Yeah I wasn't saying I'm taking money from my parents that need it. The 500k was an example. What if it was 2 million. No biggie
    what the fuck are you talking about? fuck it, i give up.

  7. #46657
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about? fuck it, i give up.
    He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint

  8. #46658

    Default

    just wanted to congratulate you all.

  9. #46659
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint
    Just be a shitbag loser. It's worked out well for my Brother In Law.

  10. #46660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint
    and mom, its cool if I start calling you that, right? well you wanted Katelinne to go to the same high school as you, and as you can see from the chart, inflation is a B.


  11. #46661
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    US and A
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    Yeah I wasn't saying I'm taking money from my parents that need it. The 500k was an example. What if it was 2 million. No biggie
    Mjonns I'm not the most versed on this, but I think you don't pay estate taxes until you reach the $5 MM limit. So it doesn't matter if you wait until death or give the $28K per year per person until you reach the $5MM.
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

    Official lounge sponsor of white privilege & openly accepted KKK meetings.

  12. #46662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    You should have bought a house you could afford
    Joneses, keep up

  13. #46663
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Just wait till trump eliminates the 5.4 mil death tax and then no one will have to worry about it

  14. #46664

    Default

    I don't think Mjohns is concerned about the taxes. He wants the money now, so he can start taking exotic vacations.

  15. #46665
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about? fuck it, i give up.
    I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

    And let's knock it off with the joneses talk. It's annoying

  16. #46666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    He's trying to come up with reasons for his inlaws to gift him money. Like, he's putting together a PowerPoint
    yeah, and you (someone) mentioned how they would be taxed if they were pulling money from their retirement to gift it. i was just coming up with other scenarios where someone might have $35k laying around and not in some sort of retirement fund.

  17. #46667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

    And let's knock it off with the joneses talk. It's annoying
    stop trying to keep up, and it will stop.

  18. #46668
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsvon View Post
    stop trying to keep up, and it will stop.
    Yawn

  19. #46669
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Across a bridge
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

    And let's knock it off with the joneses talk. It's annoying
    Keeping up with your sister? Is that better?
    Vision Boarding all up in this place.

  20. #46670
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatdapint View Post
    Keeping up with your sister? Is that better?
    Shocker you chimed in.

  21. #46671
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Across a bridge
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    Shocker you chimed in.
    Still sore on being called out for your vote, eh?
    Vision Boarding all up in this place.

  22. #46672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    We refi'd to a 15 year. I see light at the end of the tunnel, fellas. I'll be stuffing $35k checks in my son's pockets in no time.
    This summer we will have lived in this house for 15 years on a 30 year loan, so it's kind of like we refinanced to a 15 year, right?

  23. #46673
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjonns View Post
    I was asking a simple question about gifting. That's it. Lots of people do it. I asked splinter if it made sense. He said no. I was wondering why. I literally know lots of people with lots of money that do it. That's all.

    And let's knock it off with the joneses talk. It's annoying
    I think those rich people who do it, do it because they want to. Like, they just want to help out. Not because it's some smart business move.

  24. #46674

    Default

    I'm suppose to take my mom out for some drinks tonight. She's been taking care of my grandmother for 14 days straight around the clock. Where would you go?

  25. #46675
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Up in your butt
    Posts
    127,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiggly View Post
    This summer we will have lived in this house for 15 years on a 30 year loan, so it's kind of like we refinanced to a 15 year, right?
    You haven't refinanced your house in the last 15 years?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •