Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salvaging from old buildings...

1. Default Salvaging from old buildings...

Is it legal to take things from abandoned buildings and sell them for profit? Who do the old items really belong to? Or are they free for all?

Yes. You. Still you!
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Moon

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cards_252 View Post
    Is it legal to take things from abandoned buildings and sell them for profit? Who do the old items really belong to? Or are they free for all?
    It's a little known fact you can take stuff from anyone at anytime. No jury in America will convict you. Try it. You'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
    It's a little known fact you can take stuff from anyone at anytime. No jury in America will convict you. Try it. You'll like it.
    Well, yeah, if Obama gets his way.

-Barry Goldwater

8. Default

Ha! I remember Friedman Ralroad Salvage! What did that even mean?

a man was fried on the railroad and thus became salvage
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Quote Originally Posted by backstop View Post
    I recommend that everyone do a search for "Friedman Railroad Salvage" on Google. Scroll down to the fourth row. Train your eyes on the fifth picture over.

Moon

Moon

12. Default

-Barry Goldwater

13. Default

If this thread title isn't changed I'll be very disappointed.
    Lounge sponsor of Mark Buehrle, Vladimir Tarasenko, and Henry Josey.

"dvyyyyy you just dont watch enough fox news to understand the truth. you are getting so much distorted and bent information. it is no wonder you have such a crazy view of reality." -billiken roy

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post
    I recommend that everyone do a search for "Friedman Railroad Salvage" on Google. Scroll down to the fourth row. Train your eyes on the fifth picture over.

Moon
    Mine was 6 rows down and 4 pictures over.

Now we know the secret to his success.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Mine was 6 rows down and 4 pictures over.

Now we know the secret to his success.
    Yeah. Guess I didn't think that it would be different depending on the size of the monitor. Doh!

Moon

I took some class last semester of college because I just needed the credit hours. It was well known as a class that you do nothing and get an A. Well, we watched Sanford and Sons just about every class that I went to. It was some kind of business class but I have no idea what the focus was supposed to be.

Once a building gets old, feel free to take anything you want. Completely legal. I'm sure if the owners wanted the stuff they would have removed it years ago.

Yep.
    Official sponsor of the best damn assistant hitting coach in the league; David Bell

Remember driving past the old St. Louis Hospital down by Lafayette Square every day when I worked at Union Station. Funny to see more and more pieces of copper missing from the roof each day.

Moon

Why not just knock the building down and sell the bricks and pipes?

Go for it.

20. Default

Remember driving past the old St. Louis Hospital down by Lafayette Square every day when I worked at Union Station. Funny to see more and more pieces of copper missing from the roof each day.

Moon
    That building is in use now.
    Lounge sponsor of Mark Buehrle, Vladimir Tarasenko, and Henry Josey.

"dvyyyyy you just dont watch enough fox news to understand the truth. you are getting so much distorted and bent information. it is no wonder you have such a crazy view of reality." -billiken roy

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
    Once a building gets old, feel free to take anything you want. Completely legal. I'm sure if the owners wanted the stuff they would have removed it years ago.

Yep.
    My grandma's house is pretty old and she has tons of stuff in her attic that she hasn't seen in years. I don't think she wants anybody breaking in and stealig it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
    Why not just knock the building down and sell the bricks and pipes?

Go for it.
    Works for north city!

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Prngr44 View Post
    Works for north city!
    I've always thought that crap would be stopped if the scrap metal places were required to have people show a business liscence that would allow them to sell copper and bricks legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
    I've always thought that crap would be stopped if the scrap metal places were required to have people show a business liscence that would allow them to sell copper and bricks legally.
    They're cracking down on it some, but for the most part it takes a police complaint to investigate and most of those derelict buildings have owners who don't give a shit if they even HAVE an owner.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Remember driving past the old St. Louis Hospital down by Lafayette Square every day when I worked at Union Station.

Moon

Thread Information