Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345673055 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: 2013 Bowl Season; Northwestern athletes take 1st steps to unionize

Right. The throwing him down 5 yards out of bounds was inconsequential.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    Nowhere in the picture can you even remotely see Josey's fingers inside or wrapped around the Auburn player's face mask, but please continue your "disagree vehemently and sarcastically while belittling anyone that might remotely disagree with you" thing. I love it- it makes me laugh every time.
    Christ, shut the fuck up. He grabbed his face mask. He got shoved late out of bounds. Auburn player got flagged. There's nothing else to it.

What else do you want? For the announcers to sob real tears about how terrible it was?
    Howard gratefully claims it. Distribution brilliant. Landon Donovan. Think there’s something here for the US. Can they do it here? Cross, and Dempsey’s denied again! And Donovan has scored! Oh, can you believe this?! Goal! Goal! USA! Certainly through! Oh, it’s incredible! You could not write a script like this!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ppg shg View Post
    Christ, shut the fuck up. He grabbed his face mask. He got shoved late out of bounds. Auburn player got flagged. There's nothing else to it.

What else do you want? For the announcers to sob real tears about how terrible it was?
    Show me in the picture where he is grabbing the Auburn player's face mask. I see him touching the face mask- that's a stiff arm, in case you didn't know the terminology. Let me know if there's any other way I can help.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Shelby Miller. I miss Lazydaze in the GDT's.

4. Default

Danielson was practically coaching Auburn from the booth. It was hilarious.

Though, he did defend Gaines on the personal foul.

If the DGB gift TD would have mattered, he would still be talking about it.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Danielson was practically coaching Auburn from the booth. It was hilarious.

Though, he did defend Gaines on the personal foul.

If the DGB gift TD would have mattered, he would still be talking about it.
    The coaching I heard from Danielson was geared towards the Mizzou defense, as in pointing out the futility of the continually used 3 man front for one thing and on offense the need for Franklin to be more of weapon running the ball from the QB position.

6. Default

The 4man front was actually mildly less successful than the 3man.

7. Default

Yeah, I keep hearing that people 'feel sorry for the kids' because they were in the wrong alignment.

That, frankly, is some bullshit.

Try tackling someone.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Yeah, I keep hearing that people 'feel sorry for the kids' because they were in the wrong alignment.

That, frankly, is some bullshit.

Try tackling someone.
    They just were absolutely not prepared for what was going to be thrown at them, which pretty much should never happen in major college football, but yea... the tackling was not good to say the least. No excuse for any of it. Oh well, still a great season.

9. Default

They just were absolutely not prepared for what was going to be thrown at them, which pretty much should never happen in major college football, but yea... the tackling was not good to say the least. No excuse for any of it. Oh well, still a great season.
    Soft bigotry...

-Barry Goldwater

Show me in the picture where he is grabbing the Auburn player's face mask. I see him touching the face mask- that's a stiff arm, in case you didn't know the terminology. Let me know if there's any other way I can help.
    I didn't know the terminology. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated as always.
    Howard gratefully claims it. Distribution brilliant. Landon Donovan. Think there’s something here for the US. Can they do it here? Cross, and Dempsey’s denied again! And Donovan has scored! Oh, can you believe this?! Goal! Goal! USA! Certainly through! Oh, it’s incredible! You could not write a script like this!

I see a couple fingers curled inside the facemask grabbing it a bit...not that it matters. It was brief and would have been a weak call as such.
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    St. Louis Cardinals - #48 Tony Cruz
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and the original Guns 'N Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Cardz82 View Post
    I see a couple fingers curled inside the facemask grabbing it a bit...not that it matters. It was brief and would have been a weak call as such.
    THAT IS CALLED A STIFF ARM!

IT IS NOT ENOUGH THAT AUBURN WAS FLAGGED FOR THE PLAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardz82 View Post
    Definitely merited shoving someone 5 yards out of bounds. Totally understandable.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

14. Default

The dude was penalized. What exactly are we angry about?
    Lounge sponsor of Mark Buehrle, David Backes, and Henry Josey.

"dvyyyyy you just dont watch enough fox news to understand the truth. you are getting so much distorted and bent information. it is no wonder you have such a crazy view of reality." -billiken roy

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
    The dude was penalized. What exactly are we angry about?
    Idk about anyone else, but i'm not angry about it all. It was shitty because the cart happened to be there, but he certainly didn't do it on purpose. The punishment certainly fit the offense. I just think it's laughable that people are trying to claim that he grabbed his facemask, especially from that picture.

House, we have a $100 bet on the FSU/Auburn game, right? You 've got Auburn plus 9.5?
    Official Sponsor of Roger Waters David Gilmour and Procol Harum

Official Lounge Sponsor of Gram Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by bombay View Post
    House, we have a $100 bet on the FSU/Auburn game, right? You 've got Auburn plus 9.5?
    That'll work, my friend. We can exchange info after the game... obviously based upon who's the victor.
    Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football and the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign!

Quote Originally Posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
    Definitely merited shoving someone 5 yards out of bounds. Totally understandable.
    I think you are trying to make a point that everyone here already agrees with...
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    St. Louis Cardinals - #48 Tony Cruz
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and the original Guns 'N Roses

I'd be glad to hold onto the money if yall would like. That way if house wins, I can hold it over his head to actually meet up once in a while instead of pulling a Wang.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 27 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today."
    ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlaz View Post
    I'd be glad to hold onto the money if yall would like. That way if house wins, I can hold it over his head to actually meet up once in a while instead of pulling a Wang.
    Is there something we don't know about house?

I think he was throwing bombay under the bus on that one. House drops $200 every weekend on Natty Lite and Funyuns.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
    I think he was throwing bombay under the bus on that one. House drops $200 every weekend on Natty Lite and Funyuns.
    what does that have to do with house's apparent propensity to tug on wangs?

Sounds great, House. Good luck.
    Official Sponsor of Roger Waters David Gilmour and Procol Harum

Official Lounge Sponsor of Gram Parsons

Whoever loses, don't forget the sammich.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 27 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today."
    ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlaz View Post
    Whoever loses, don't forget the sammich.
    Or the Schlafly to wash it down with.

Thread Information