Page 1 of 27 12326 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fisting "fishing"

Default The Fisting "fishing"

I've yet to drop my line in the water more than once this summer and I'm not too happy about that. I took a couple days off the first week of August to head downa nd do some fishing/shooting. I've heard mixed reports. Some folks say they tore it up while my dad said he didn't catch anything last time he went. He also mentioned the water was a "tea" color. Not muddy... it's clear, but it pretty much looks like tea. Any of you folks know what would cause that?

i pulled out 4 regular poles and 1 Snoopy pole on Sunday and plan to hit up a park out here in Wentzville this weekend. the boys have been on my case to take them so it's time. my brother has a hookup out in Warren County. a guy he used to work for has a mostly unfished big pond that is really good for catfish, bass and big bluegill.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    i pulled out 4 regular poles and 1 Snoopy pole on Sunday and plan to hit up a park out here in Wentzville this weekend. the boys have been on my case to take them so it's time. my brother has a hookup out in Warren County. a guy he used to work for has a mostly unfished big pond that is really good for catfish, bass and big bluegill.
    Nice. Farm ponds are good fun. My parents brought over a couple bags of crappie from my dad's latest trip to Mark Twain. Breaded them up with some Andy's Red and threw them in the deep fryer. So good.

I'm thinking when I go in a few weeks, I'll be doing more shooting than fishing, but I might put out a few jugs to catch some catfish. Those are really good if you cook them right, ie... fry the heck out of them.

had a ton of success early in the summer, and then things died down quickly.......i think the strange weather pasterns we have been having have done a number on em.

Quote Originally Posted by beerismypal View Post
    had a ton of success early in the summer, and then things died down quickly.......i think the strange weather pasterns we have been having have done a number on em.
    Are you still hitting up Busch Wildlife?

I never catch anything at Busch Wildlife.. Like, ever.

Last summer I took the boys down to the waters around New Town and we caught dozens.
    I should do that again sometime soon..

Quote Originally Posted by cards_252 View Post
    Are you still hitting up Busch Wildlife?
    Busch, Fabick, Bee Tree, and a couple of small subdivision ponds. Just haven't had a ton of luck since early June.

But then again, i am not the greatest of fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdao View Post
    I never catch anything at Busch Wildlife.. Like, ever.

Last summer I took the boys down to the waters around New Town and we caught dozens.
    I should do that again sometime soon..
    do you just fish from the bank or did you rent a boat and go out? Fishing from the banks at busch pretty much sucks unless you just want to catfish.

Busch, Fabick, Bee Tree, and a couple of small subdivision ponds. Just haven't had a ton of luck since early June.

But then again, i am not the greatest of fishermen.

do you just fish from the bank or did you rent a boat and go out? Fishing from the banks at busch pretty much sucks unless you just want to catfish.
    Which lake do you fish at Fabick? The upper or the lower? I've never had much luck with either. That's some really nice property, though. I always see deer and turkey running around back there.

Usually the bank.. But you are right, the one time that I rented a boat-- we did much better.

Anyone know of any good spots in the Wildwood/Ellisville area?
    We just moved out there from St. Chuck a few months ago and haven't really looked for a good fishing lake yet..

Which lake do you fish at Fabick? The upper or the lower? I've never had much luck with either. That's some really nice property, though. I always see deer and turkey running around back there.
    generally the one you can park by. I only have luck in the back corner near the downed tree and up the banks right around there. I honestly think the rest of the lake is just too deep and the bass population is too young. I threw out a 25ft diving crank as far as i could and didn't hit the bottom until i was about 15 feet from shore on the rocky bank side.

generally the one you can park by. I only have luck in the back corner near the downed tree and up the banks right around there. I honestly think the rest of the lake is just too deep and the bass population is too young. I threw out a 25ft diving crank as far as i could and didn't hit the bottom until i was about 15 feet from shore on the rocky bank side.
    No kidding. I had no idea that lake was that deep.

What's your go-to hot weather lure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Stillwench View Post
    What's your go-to hot weather lure?
    Maybe a plastic worm? Something slow, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdao View Post
    Usually the bank.. But you are right, the one time that I rented a boat-- we did much better.

Anyone know of any good spots in the Wildwood/Ellisville area?
    We just moved out there from St. Chuck a few months ago and haven't really looked for a good fishing lake yet..
    Most of the lakes are private out there, Lake Chesterfield at Old Manchester and Manchester has a nice size lake but you're supposed to be a resident to fish on it. Not sure anybody really checks though.

Love me some Crappie!
    2017 TP sponsor of Dexter Fowler

Impeach #45.

I fish occasionally in a neighbor hood pond. When I moved in it was in the field at the end of the subdivision and a great place to fish. Over the years homes and the subdivision has grown up around it but they still let you fish. I think I've caught the same big ol bass about 20 times from that pond over the years.

I fished out in NW Colorado last week on the Flattops of the White River National Park. Found a lake ~ 10 acres and caught a ton of rainbow and brook trout. I wouldn't give you a nickel for a truck load of trout to eat, but fly fishing for them was fun. I'm terrible at fly fishing and probably couldn't catch 'em in one of the rivers out there but the flat water of the lake was easy.

Headed down below Bagnell Dam this weekend and staying at a place that has Osage River frontage and a pretty nice pond / lake full of bass and catfish. Plan on combining beer drinking and fishing with a buddy while our wives stalk the Outlet Mall.....

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    and big bluegill.
    there no such thing.
    "Make your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile."

Quote Originally Posted by mmwtdh View Post
    I fished out in NW Colorado last week on the Flattops of the White River National Park. Found a lake ~ 10 acres and caught a ton of rainbow and brook trout. I wouldn't give you a nickel for a truck load of trout to eat, but fly fishing for them was fun. I'm terrible at fly fishing and probably couldn't catch 'em in one of the rivers out there but the flat water of the lake was easy.
    I hate you.

I hate you good.

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    there no such thing.
    I beg to differ:

I beg to differ:
    That's not big.

The's wife brother loves to fish, and that is one of the two main things he fishes for.

I like to tease him because they are a small fish for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    That's not big.

The's wife brother loves to fish, and that is one of the two main things he fishes for.

I like to tease him because they are a small fish for the most part.
    Weighed almost 2 lbs. That's a decent bluegill. Not small by any means.

But you are right, you have to catch a bunch of them if you want a decent meal.

Weighed almost 2 lbs. That's a decent bluegill. Not small by any means.

But you are right, you have to catch a bunch of them if you want a decent meal.
    That's a pret-ty big bluegill, Tekster.

That's a pret-ty big bluegill, Tekster.
    Say whaaaat?

Thread Information