Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So my cancer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Sorry to hear about this Wade.

Wasn't the corner of Clayton and Clarkson where Lucky's is now an EPA clean-up site? I don't know what was there before...MasterCard or something?
    MasterCard, before that I have no idea.

The project across the street from there was one of mine.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshark View Post
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
    MasterCard, before that I have no idea.

The project across the street from there was one of mine.
    I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?

I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?
    One of the Bobs thinks it was Lord Industries, who makes different types of coatings and adhesives, so that site could well have had something to do with the EPA.
    Not at the table Carlos.

Yeah, it moved somewhere, I think Swinghaven is correct. I think there was some downsizing that occurred as well. My cousin worked there and he was laid off.

I vaguely remember stories of something when we were building the Assisted Living building, but I can't remember what it was.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshark View Post
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Chi-guy isn't dead is he?
    "Make your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile."

Thanks, guys. I have smouldering myeloma, not symptomatic yet and they won't even treat it until it progresses to multiple myeloma. And then it's very treatable. With a stem cell transplant (or two or three) I could live relatively normally for many, many years. It's just not beatable in the long run.

In the meantime, I just don't know how badly that I want to make getting to the bottom of this my life's mission. Might just look for an Erin Brockovich type who would want to work it for an obscene percentage of any resulting judgement(s.)
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    Thanks, guys. I have smouldering myeloma, not symptomatic yet and they won't even treat it until it progresses to multiple myeloma. And then it's very treatable. With a stem cell transplant (or two or three) I could live relatively normally for many, many years. It's just not beatable in the long run.

In the meantime, I just don't know how badly that I want to make getting to the bottom of this my life's mission. Might just look for an Erin Brockovich type who would want to work it for an obscene percentage of any resulting judgement(s.)
    Dude. Sorry to hear that.

I haven't been back to my oncologist in a couple of years. Everything should be okay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    I haven't been back to my oncologist in a couple of years. Everything should be okay, right?
    I'd bet my left nut...
    - Jeffro

I'd bet my left nut...
    Only one I have left. 😢🙁😕😮

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Chi-guy isn't dead is he?
    Nah. He's still here... One of the girls with appendix cancer died on Thanksgiving after throwing everything she could at it for 5 years...
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Appendix cancer would be the worst.

Appendix cancer would be the worst.
    Favorite cancers - annnndddd...GO!
    - Jeffro

Whatever one wad has.

Favorite cancers - annnndddd...GO!
    Whatever one wad has.
    Awwww, thanks Flappy! Wa...wait...WAIT!
    - Jeffro

I don't think so. IIRC that was Citibank years ago. MasterCard was at Page and Lindbergh before they moved to God's Blessed Country.

Quote Originally Posted by sportschick View Post
    Nah. He's still here... One of the girls with appendix cancer died on Thanksgiving after throwing everything she could at it for 5 years...
    Thanks. Noticed he had not been around in a long while.
    "Make your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile."

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Thanks. Noticed he had not been around in a long while.
    Yeah, by "here" I mean "still alive & kickin"... Maybe notsomuch posting here... At least not often...
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Me and The Base Burglar...
    - Jeffro

Back in the fall former NHL tough guy Sasha Lakovic was diagnosed with brain cancer and given three months to live. Dude was in tip top shape and like usual, this came out of nowhere. A good buddy of mine is friends with him from their days in the minors and sent me an update yesterday. I don't know how to post screen shots on here but it's fucking heartbreaking to read. He's lost his sight and speech, but can still hear a little bit. He's likely going to die in the next day or two. For you hockey fans, you might remember him from this one:

https://www.gofundme.com/sashalakovic

Update 11
    Posted by Crystal Morgan
    1 day ago

To All of You:
    During our visit to Kelowna I had a conversation with Sasha regarding all of the wonderful financial help and kind words of support. He asked me to let you all know how THANKFUL! he is and how the campaign funds have helped him (and to provide pictures):
    Gifts to Sasha from All of You from Go Fund Me
    A specialized electric orthopedic bed with hand control: This is more than just a ‘bed’- it is amazing as the adjustable support kept his body mobile(in terms of being ‘limber’), it assisted in his independence to give himself self-care: To do all that one would do for themselves if they were predominantly stationary (due to his stroke which left him with paralysis on his left side).
    A Memorable Road Trip W/his Brother. A vacation to Arizona & surrounding areas such as Los Angelas . During his several week ‘road trip’ commencing in January, Sash was able to visit some special people in his life such as, his daughter Cierra (14yrs old) and long-time friends/family.
    *For those of you who did not know, Sasha had a stroke while riding his Harley! And believed that the ailment in his left arm was due to weakness from not riding for an extended period of time. This was the catalyst to him finding out the diagnosis of glioblastoma- brain cancer.
    Sasha to Date:
    The last update at the end of March mentioned that Sasha was going to be receiving his 4th round of chemo. It was decided that he would no longer receive treatment.
    He turned his focus on naturopathic and holistic treatments as well as a lot of love and support- especially from his little girl, Lyberty.
    As of this evening (April 23, 2017), Sasha is peacefully surrounded my close family and special people in his life like his Sifu- who he respected more than anyone.
    This past Fri, April 21, Sasha had to be admitted into the hospital as the blood clots throughout his body, especially in his lungs, made it too difficult for him to breathe and to remain at his parents’ home; not to mention the pain that he endured daily-Though he did manage to remain hopeful and continued to fight for his life and those he loves.
    It is hard to believe that it was only September 11, 2016, that Sasha announced on his Facebook page that, “1 month ago I was told I have 3 Months to live with Brain Cancer every day is a blessing”- Sasha Lakovic.
    Please keep Sasha in your prayers as he will be leaving us soon. I thought all of you should know.
    With sharing this, I ask you to please keep in consideration the unimaginable pain his immediate family are going through and withhold the urge to rush to make contact.
    Any donations will remain in his account and will go to support the loves of his life: his children <3
    Again, THANK YOU so much for all of your generosity, love and support….it meant so much to Sasha!
    Last edited by Schwahalala; 04-25-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=465102

Thanks for sharing that, Schwa. Here's an article and interview from after he was diagnosed. Also for those of you who have seen Miracle, he played Boris Mikhailov in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/globalnew...in-cancer/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Mozer4 View Post
    Back in the fall former NHL tough guy Sasha Lakovic was diagnosed with brain cancer and given three months to live. Dude was in tip top shape and like usual, this came out of nowhere. A good buddy of mine is friends with him from their days in the minors and sent me an update yesterday. I don't know how to post screen shots on here but it's fucking heartbreaking to read. He's lost his sight and speech, but can still hear a little bit. He's likely going to die in the next day or two. For you hockey fans, you might remember him from this one:

Thanks for sharing that, Schwa. Here's an article and interview from after he was diagnosed. Also for those of you who have seen Miracle, he played Boris Mikhailov in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/globalnew...in-cancer/amp/
    Died about an hour ago.

Died about an hour ago.
    Damn, sucks dude

Quote Originally Posted by drat View Post
    Damn, sucks dude
    Yeah. He was a lunatic on the ice but everyone I know who played with him said he was a great guy. I didn't know him other than in passing with my buddies.

Thread Information