Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68

Thread: So my cancer...

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    18,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Sorry to hear about this Wade.

    Wasn't the corner of Clayton and Clarkson where Lucky's is now an EPA clean-up site? I don't know what was there before...MasterCard or something?
    MasterCard, before that I have no idea.

    The project across the street from there was one of mine.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

    Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshark View Post
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arizona Bay
    Posts
    4,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
    MasterCard, before that I have no idea.

    The project across the street from there was one of mine.
    I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?
    One of the Bobs thinks it was Lord Industries, who makes different types of coatings and adhesives, so that site could well have had something to do with the EPA.
    Not at the table Carlos.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    18,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?
    Yeah, it moved somewhere, I think Swinghaven is correct. I think there was some downsizing that occurred as well. My cousin worked there and he was laid off.

    I vaguely remember stories of something when we were building the Assisted Living building, but I can't remember what it was.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

    Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshark View Post
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Undergrond
    Posts
    18,191

    Default

    Chi-guy isn't dead is he?
    " I don't think anyone knows what Treason is anymore.." ~ So Taint

  6. #56

    Default

    Thanks, guys. I have smouldering myeloma, not symptomatic yet and they won't even treat it until it progresses to multiple myeloma. And then it's very treatable. With a stem cell transplant (or two or three) I could live relatively normally for many, many years. It's just not beatable in the long run.

    In the meantime, I just don't know how badly that I want to make getting to the bottom of this my life's mission. Might just look for an Erin Brockovich type who would want to work it for an obscene percentage of any resulting judgement(s.)
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    Thanks, guys. I have smouldering myeloma, not symptomatic yet and they won't even treat it until it progresses to multiple myeloma. And then it's very treatable. With a stem cell transplant (or two or three) I could live relatively normally for many, many years. It's just not beatable in the long run.

    In the meantime, I just don't know how badly that I want to make getting to the bottom of this my life's mission. Might just look for an Erin Brockovich type who would want to work it for an obscene percentage of any resulting judgement(s.)
    Dude. Sorry to hear that.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South City
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    I haven't been back to my oncologist in a couple of years. Everything should be okay, right?

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    I haven't been back to my oncologist in a couple of years. Everything should be okay, right?
    I'd bet my left nut...
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South City
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    I'd bet my left nut...
    Only one I have left. 😢🙁😕😮

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Town of Down
    Posts
    15,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Chi-guy isn't dead is he?
    Nah. He's still here... One of the girls with appendix cancer died on Thanksgiving after throwing everything she could at it for 5 years...
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

    And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

    Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South City
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Appendix cancer would be the worst.

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    Appendix cancer would be the worst.
    Favorite cancers - annnndddd...GO!
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South City
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Whatever one wad has.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    Favorite cancers - annnndddd...GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy McB View Post
    Whatever one wad has.
    Awwww, thanks Flappy! Wa...wait...WAIT!
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    I moved to the area when they were tearing that down and I remember the EPA sign. I though it was odd...and odd that a building that at least appeared to be "new" was being torn down. I guess that's when MasterCard moved out to Swinghaven?
    I don't think so. IIRC that was Citibank years ago. MasterCard was at Page and Lindbergh before they moved to God's Blessed Country.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Undergrond
    Posts
    18,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportschick View Post
    Nah. He's still here... One of the girls with appendix cancer died on Thanksgiving after throwing everything she could at it for 5 years...
    Thanks. Noticed he had not been around in a long while.
    " I don't think anyone knows what Treason is anymore.." ~ So Taint

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Town of Down
    Posts
    15,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Thanks. Noticed he had not been around in a long while.
    Yeah, by "here" I mean "still alive & kickin"... Maybe notsomuch posting here... At least not often...
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

    And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

    Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •