Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175200223224225
Results 5,601 to 5,623 of 5623

Thread: The CSD Memorial Television Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
    Holy fork.

'The Good Place' just took a very unexpected - and brilliant - twist. In a million years, never would have guessed it.
    When she said it, I thought she was nuts. But watching Ted Danson's reaction afterword was a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by svenson View Post
    When she said it, I thought she was nuts. But watching Ted Danson's reaction afterword was a classic.
    It really was. The sliver of "oh, shit, the jig is up" that ran across his lips and gleamed in his eyes was great. I've enjoyed this program from episode one. Then again, I felt the same about the recently cancelled 'The Grinder" and look what that got me.
    "Whoever survives a test, whatever it may be, must tell the story." - Elie Wiesel

"Kramer goes to a fantasy camp? His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass bakwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors, and have sex without dating. THAT''S a fantasy camp!" - George Costanza

Dream
    BIG!
    You're competing less with the man in front of you than you are the person inside of you. - SG

3. Default

What I love about both of Michael Schur's biggest NBC comedies thus far is that he's willing to utterly destroy the sitcom formula by allowing his characters and settings to dramatically change. In Parks & Rec, people got married, moved away, moved in, changed jobs, etc. That show never suffered from a need to start every episode back at some status quo, and it was never afraid to let its characters be happy or sad.

That's a wrap for the 13-episode season one of The Good Place. It looks like a pretty sure bet for renewal for next year, hopefully with 22 episodes.
    I like cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by triggercut1 View Post
    What I love about both of Michael Schur's biggest NBC comedies thus far is that he's willing to utterly destroy the sitcom formula by allowing his characters and settings to dramatically change. In Parks & Rec, people got married, moved away, moved in, changed jobs, etc. That show never suffered from a need to start every episode back at some status quo, and it was never afraid to let its characters be happy or sad.

That's a wrap for the 13-episode season one of The Good Place. It looks like a pretty sure bet for renewal for next year, hopefully with 22 episodes.
    I dunno. It sounded like, because of the heavily serialized nature of the show, they were happy with 13 episodes, and may do that again next year. I'd rather have 13 good episodes than 22 episodes w/ some filler just to have a 'full' season.
    Official sponsor of: Vladimir Tarasenko and Matt Holliday

Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    Are these half-hour eps?
    Yep
    "There's a buttload of squirrels out here. Good thing I left my gun in the truck."

~ cards 252

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
    I dunno. It sounded like, because of the heavily serialized nature of the show, they were happy with 13 episodes, and may do that again next year. I'd rather have 13 good episodes than 22 episodes w/ some filler just to have a 'full' season.
    Agreed.

also - the casting Janet was top notch.
    "There's a buttload of squirrels out here. Good thing I left my gun in the truck."

~ cards 252

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Yep
    Watched the first four last night. It's an easy show to catch up on.
    "Pissing blood sounds like a bad Monday..."
    - Jeffro

I've read good things about that show...I usually don't put much stock into half hour sitcoms (besides Brooklyn Nine Nine), but I'll have to give it a try.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Our Lord and Savior, Paul Stastny!

Quote Originally Posted by triggercut1 View Post

The ratings we not great but it was the same with Parks and Rec and that ran for 6 seasons or so.

You know, I was thinking about this today, and I think the comparison with "Westworld" is apt and demonstrates what is a good twist and what isn't. (Beyond the fact that about a million people guessed the "Westworld" twist and hardly anyone did with "The Good Place".)

The twist on "Westworld" didn't work because it didn't really add anything to the narrative, rendered most of Dolores's story pointless, and relied on implausibilities (the photo that laid in the dust for 30 years) and straight-up cheating (Dolores somehow remembering Ed Harris immediately before meeting William for the first time). "The Good Place" has a great twist because it makes sense, it's logically consistent, and it actually fixed holes in the narrative. How did Tahani get into The Good Place despite obviously being such a vain egomaniac? How did Jason get in at all? Now we know.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Still bitching about Westworld. God lord.

HBO's The Young Pope. Anyone watching? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by slow groove View Post
    HBO's The Young Pope. Anyone watching? Thoughts?

Very weird
    2016 sponsor of Stephen "Piss" Piscotty also know as "Biscuits"
    *2015 sponsor of Randall Grichuk
    *Sponsoree of CG
    2014 (and 2013) sponsor of Kevin Siegrist

Thanks, Bob. DVRd last week's episode, my first, so I'll first read a few reviews and then check it iut.

This fits TV, no? Didn't know a better place to put it...

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - John Oliver Edition

Holy shit it's funny...

Breezed into season 4 of 'The Wire'...season 3 ended with a bang...

"
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark
    and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."
    -- Will Ferrell, on being American

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Breezed into season 4 of 'The Wire'...season 3 ended with a bang...
    Season 4 may be the best of the whole series.

Moon

Beware the Slenderman hits HBO tonight.
    http://www.gq.com/story/beware-the-slenderman-hbo

When is Jon Stewart coming back to save us
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post

Moon
    Maybe best season of tele I have ever watched.

Not maybe.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    When is Jon Stewart coming back to save us
    Seth Meyers has done a decent job filling that role.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post

Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Maybe best season of tele I have ever watched.

Not maybe.
    Really? Seems a little slow thus far...

"
    They say nothing's more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ballpark
    and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."
    -- Will Ferrell, on being American

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice View Post
    Beware the Slenderman hits HBO tonight.
    http://www.gq.com/story/beware-the-slenderman-hbo
    Thanks. I forgot all about this!

Thread Information