Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What wine are you drinking right now?

Last night, dad and I started with a Rombauer Chard and then went to the Butter Chard (whole lobsters for NYE). OK, I'd have to say that Rombauer is better. But not twice as expensive better. Drawn butter, buttery chard, sweet lobster. It was a good night!
    Check out my Grilling Blog - GrillinFools.com. No matter what time of the year it is I am a Grillin Fool.

Butter is just too buttery for me. I'll stick with the Rombauer.
    Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

I had a couple glasses of a really good Cab and Malbec last night. Problem is that the funeral was Irish wake style and I don't remember the names of the wine.
    Not at the table Carlos.

I think I posted about this last year, but if not, I will now.

The St. Louis Food & Wine Experience is coming up, January 25-27. It's at the Chase, as always. The proceeds benefit the Webster Repertory Theater. It's an amazing time. The wife and I have been going on the Saturday portion for the last three or four years. We always have opted for the VIP area, which offers significantly better wine. You can get some great pricing on cases.

This year, we're opting to do the Premier Tasting on Friday night. Much better choices of wine. It's only three hours, versus the all day drink-a-thon, which is harder to do with two kids now. Pretty excited about it.

Here's the link to the site: http://foodandwinestl.org/

Anyone else going?
    Official Sponsor of all things Mizzou Football, the non-existant Jose Oquendo STOP sign, and the Rally Hoosier!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekken View Post
    I had a couple glasses of a really good Cab and Malbec last night. Problem is that the funeral was Irish wake style and I don't remember the names of the wine.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Who passed?

Quote Originally Posted by house77 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Who passed?
    Wife's grandfather. He was a really good guy. Wish I could've gotten to know him a little better.
    Not at the table Carlos.

T's & P's.

Quote Originally Posted by house77 View Post
    T's & P's.
    Thanks. We definitely drank to his memory.
    Not at the table Carlos.

Man, when my grandpa passed a few years ago, I drank like a damn fish for a few days. Still miss him. Grandparents are the best.

Checking in once more. St. Louis Food and Wine Festival begins tomorrow. Any of you fuckers going?

Thread Information