Page 1 of 161 1232651101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vacation Thread

Default The Vacation Thread

I love to travel and I know many of you guys do to so I thought I'd start a vacation thread. I don't get away as much as I used to (stupid kids) but hopefully now that our kid quota has been met I'll be back out on the road more often.

Anyways I thought I'd start a thread where people can post about planned or past vacations. I'm always looking for ideas and I'm one of those weird people that actually like to hear about other people's trips.

We recently booked a June trip to Puerto Vallarta. Just me and the old lady plus 4 other couples. This will be our first real trip away from the kids as my parents and sister are going to babysit for us. Plus the price is right as it is costing us $0 as I'm cashing in some AMEX points. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. Provided we don't get kidnapped by a drug cartel this should be one hell of a trip. All inclusive and I plan on trying to set a record on the number of Mexican beers drank during a 5 day period. When not shit faced by the pool I may do a little zip lining through the jungle and deep sea fishing. Oh, and also one of our couple friends going is planning on getting married while we are there. Just more reason to celebrate.

So what you guys got planned?

You should go to this place called Branson.

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

My trips are usually planned around baseball games as the other half is a baseball junkie. Her goal is to get to all the ballparks. She has been to 17 of them. Nothing set yet, but we might head out to Denver in April.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    My trips are usually planned around baseball games as the other half is a baseball junkie. Her goal is to get to all the ballparks. She has been to 17 of them. Nothing set yet, but we might head out to Denver in April.
    I'd love to get to all the MLB parks.
    2017 TP sponsor of Dexter Fowler

#praying for Lou Brock

I will be going nowhere once again this year it appears. It will suck.
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    St. Louis Cardinals - #44 Trevor Rosenthal
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Early plans...Park City in February, Manhattan in March, Napa in June/July.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
    I'd love to get to all the MLB parks.
    It is a tough task but when planned, you can get to them. She did a trip that included Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Baltimore in one trip. Getting to those east coast teams is easier obviously.

The ones I have been to are Chicago (Sox & Cubs), Kansas City, Texas, Atlanta, Washington, St Louis, Milwaukee, Houston, and NY Yankees.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post
    So that's why it was so cheap. Plus that's Acapulco with the heads which is a good few hundred miles from where we are going. Plus all the businesses down there say it is completely safe so I see no problem.

This changed our plans this year.

Is it worth it to use a travel agent or do the planning myself?

Do it yourself.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    It is a tough task but when planned, you can get to them. She did a trip that included Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Baltimore in one trip. Getting to those east coast teams is easier obviously.

The ones I have been to are Chicago (Sox & Cubs), Kansas City, Texas, Atlanta, Washington, St Louis, Milwaukee, Houston, and NY Yankees.
    I've been to Busch 2 and 3, (Colt Stadium, Astrodome, MMP), (Arlington Stadium and the Ballpark in Arlington), Wrigley, the old Comiskey, County Stadium in Milawukee, Kaufman, Riverfront, ATL-Fulton Cty, Camden Yards, whatever they call the joint the Marlins play in, Jack Murphy in SD, Dodger Stadium, Anahiem, (Candlestick and Pac Bell), Oakland, and Mile High.

I need to somehow get to Petco, then make a trip to Seattle, then wind up visiting Coors Field.

Then in the future I'll try getting to the northeast and upper midwest (Miinesota, Miller Park, the new Comiskey, and Detroit)
    2017 TP sponsor of Dexter Fowler

#praying for Lou Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    This changed our plans this year.
    Going to confine your murdering of wandering vagrants to the US proper this year?

Moon

Going to confine your murdering of wandering vagrants to the US proper this year?

Moon

Yes. The media doesn't cover the massacring of wetbacks like they used to.

3rd trip to Hawaii is in the works...just not sure of the time frame. I'm going to piggy back on a "Business trip". Outside of that, I only have a Girl's weekend in KC at the end of July.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshark View Post
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Looks like Virginia Beach in April. My daughter has a competition and my wife wants to drag me along. I actually may be able to tie some business into it and get the company to pay for my expenses.

Brother's wedding in Key West in May.
    U2 concert in Chicago in July.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Brother's wedding in Key West in May.
    Is it going to be one of those faggoty weddings on the beach with them dressed in white loungewear and no shoes?

Moon

Trying to decide where I am going, too...

I haven't a clue at the moment.
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by STL JA View Post
    Trying to decide where I am going, too...

I haven't a clue at the moment.
    Me either. Thinking of using my tax refund on a vacation. I'm definitely a beach vacation person. I think international is a bit much (though I wouldn't mind hitting Puerto Rico again).. Maybe just Florida. Loved Myrtle Beach last year, but I'd like to go somewhere with prettier water (if that exists around here after the BP fiasco).

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Is it going to be one of those faggoty weddings on the beach with them dressed in white loungewear and no shoes?

Moon
    Yes to the beach.
    Maybe to the no shoes.
    I don't know about the loungewear (I've asked, since I'm now in the wedding - he won't answer me for some reason).
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

oh crap, forgot about going to Marco Island, Florida in the fall for a wedding.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott

Returning to Bloomington for the first time in 4 years for my birthday weekend next month
    Hoping to get to Denver for the Cards/Rockies over Memorial Day Weekend
    Annual trip to Cooperstown at the end of June followed by July 4th weekend in NYC
    Indianapolis always sometime in August
    Branson always sometime in late August/early September
    Vegas (hopefully) sometime during NFL season

And if the Rams go to Seattle early this year, I'm hoping to fly up there and do a double-dip with the Rams/Seahawks and a Mariners game.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 25 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Ok, I MIGHT be going to AZ for the Rams/Cards game depending on when it's scheduled...and if there isn't a lock out. Forgot about that. Not really a vacation though since we'll only be there likely from Friday/Saturday till Monday.
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    St. Louis Cardinals - #44 Trevor Rosenthal
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Thread Information