Page 1 of 76 1232651 ... LastLast

Thread: TV - The Walking Dead discussion thread

Default TV - The Walking Dead discussion thread

Premieres Halloween on AMC. Very pumped about this. Anyone else read the comics?

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

I have not read the comics but I'm looking forward to the series.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

I have not read the comics and I am not looking forward to the series.

Moon

I am not a comic book fanboi. It's actually the only series I've ever read every issue. Someone told me the premise and tossed me the first issue and I was hooked. The trailers look like they keep true to it, though.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Man View Post
    I have not read the comics and I am not looking forward to the series.

Moon

"

I don't want to start a new tv thread, but is the new Hawaii Five-O worth a look?

Thanks.
    2017 TP sponsor of Dexter Fowler

#praying for Lou Brock

Do you guys remember ALF? That show was awesome.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Quote Originally Posted by ort View Post
    Do you guys remember ALF? That show was awesome.
    You remember that episode when he tried to eat the cat? Oh, that Alf!

Moon

You remember that episode when he tried to eat the cat? Oh, that Alf!

Moon
    Hah!!!
    2017 TP sponsor of Dexter Fowler

#praying for Lou Brock

this isn't about dan hawkins?
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Alex Reyes

Yeah yeah, it's obscure to those who haven't been waiting a year for this show. It should be really good though.

"

28 Days Later is not a zombie movie.

glovey

Looking forward to this. Never read the comics but the trailers look good, good reviews, and good cast/crew.

Quote Originally Posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
    I am not a comic book fanboi. It's actually the only series I've ever read every issue. Someone told me the premise and tossed me the first issue and I was hooked. The trailers look like they keep true to it, though.
    Same for me. I work with a few comic book fans at work and one of them knew I was a HUGE zombie movie fan and turned me onto "The Walking Dead' comic books. I read them all in the span of a few days. The five minute trailer looks AMAZING and the writers/producers/directors they have in place are all very good. I'm trying to restrain my giddiness about this show in order to not be too let down if it falls short.
    Last edited by dhaab; 10-26-2010 at 12:25 AM.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Really, really looking forward to this. An internet friend of mine got a gig as an zombie in the series, and his makeup pics were a hoot.

BTW, the premiere episode has been leaked and can be found pretty easily.....and yes, it rocks.

Oh, and I'm not really a comic book guy, but I wanted to see if there was anything worth reading in that medium when I got my iPad. I tore through the Walking Dead stuff in a few weeks my own self. Really well written book.
    I like cheese.

Just got done watching the first episode all the way through.

Wow. Just...wow.

If anything, Frank Darabont's direction and writing adds an element to the story that not even the source material has. Andrew Lincoln is terrific as Rick, and the casting of Lennie James (he was Robert Hawkins from "Jericho") as Morgan is inspired.

This is zombie apocalypse done right, done perfectly. I have no idea how or if they can keep this up, but for the first 90-minute episode, AMC has done it again.
    I like cheese.

Got the DVR set up for Sunday night. I really liked Rubicon but I'm looking forward to this even more!!!

Really wish we had the HD feed for Uverse.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Huh. So, it's a mix of 28 Days Later (NOT ZOMBIES!) and Zombieland? I could get on board with that.

Moon

Huh. So, it's a mix of 28 Days Later (NOT ZOMBIES!) and Zombieland? I could get on board with that.

Moon
    In the sense that those movies have zombies it's alike.. Otherwise not really. It's definitely more serious than Zombieland. And the zombies aren't psychotic rip your head off and run a 40 in under 5 seconds crazy either.

"

Quote Originally Posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
    In the sense that those movies have zombies it's alike.. Otherwise not really. It's definitely more serious than Zombieland. And the zombies aren't psychotic rip your head off and run a 40 in under 5 seconds crazy either.
    Yep, these zombies adhere to all the laws of zombie-ness. They shamble, for instance.

Loved seeing it again tonight in HD on the big screen. Hope the whole series will hold up as well.
    I like cheese.

BTW, replay of episode 1 just started.
    I like cheese.

I thought we had a thread.

Yes, the premiere was very well done. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Not sure I've seen the guy who plays Rick in anything else. Don't know if he's an unknown or just unknown to me, but he was very, very good. Lennie James's guest starring role was terrific, too, but that guy is money in the bank.
    I like cheese.

It was very good tonight. Hopefully it doesn't let us all down as it goes along.

Thread Information