Thread: "Rev" Larry Rice's wife files for divorce

Cool

Wife of TV preacher Larry Rice files for divorce
    By Terry Ganey
    Jefferson City Bureau Chief
    02/18/2005

JEFFERSON CITY - Penny Ann Rice, who for more than 30 years has ministered to the poor with her husband, the Rev. Larry Rice, has filed for divorce claiming irreconcilable differences.

In a petition filed last month in Cole County Circuit Court in Jefferson City, Rice complained that the television preacher had "repeatedly inflicted verbal abuse and uncontrolled rage" upon her during their marriage.

Rice, 55, said that she cannot be expected to continue to live with her husband and that there was no reasonable likelihood that the marriage could be preserved. She asked the court to divide the couple's property fairly and to restore her maiden name, Penny Bean.

Larry Rice said he hoped to preserve his marriage and was seeing a counselor.

"The last thing I want to do is project anger on my wife, or staff or anyone else," he said Friday.

The couple separated Aug. 31. They have three children, ages 31, 29 and 27.

Larry Rice, 56, is the head of New Life Evangelistic Center in St. Louis. He's best known for his TV ministry, advocacy for the poor and social activism.

The couple have been married 33 years. They met while attending Concordia Lutheran College in Austin, Texas. After two years in Austin, Larry Rice left for another Lutheran college in Fort Wayne, Ind. The couple married the day after graduation.

The divorce petition was first filed Oct. 19. Larry Rice filed a motion seeking to have the petition dismissed on the grounds that it failed to state a cause. Penny Rice responded with a more specific complaint last month. She said she currently worked at a law office in Jefferson City.

Larry Rice's lawyer has asked the court to dismiss the second petition as well.

"What a team...what a ride...the Cardinals are world champs in 2011!"
    -- Joe Buck, on the mic during Cardinals Game 7 win

oh yeah whoo...wow!!!
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

I wonder where she lives in ole Jefferson City? Probably out by the Mall. Whole town is moving out towards the Mall.

In any event, since Jefferson City requires everyone born there to learn state capitals, and state capital trivia from pre-k forward, who wants to play capital city trivia?

What are the 4 state capitals named after presidents?

What are the 4 state capitals with the word "city" in them? Indianapolis doesn't count.
    Howard gratefully claims it. Distribution brilliant. Landon Donovan. Think there’s something here for the US. Can they do it here? Cross, and Dempsey’s denied again! And Donovan has scored! Oh, can you believe this?! Goal! Goal! USA! Certainly through! Oh, it’s incredible! You could not write a script like this!

Originally posted by ppg shg@Feb 19 2005, 01:38 AM
    I wonder where she lives in ole Jefferson City?* Probably out by the Mall.* Whole town is moving out towards the Mall.

In any event, since Jefferson City requires everyone born there to learn state capitals, and state capital trivia from pre-k forward, who wants to play capital city trivia?

What are the 4 state capitals named after presidents?

What are the 4 state capitals with the word "city" in them?* Indianapolis doesn't count.
    Presidents--Columbus Ohio...taking a guess on these..Frankfort, KY, Madison, WI, and does Washington DC count? Otherwise Jackson, MS

City--Jeff City, Carson City, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Originally posted by Guppy+Feb 19 2005, 02:13 AM-->
    QUOTE(Guppy @ Feb 19 2005, 02:13 AM)
    QUOTE(ppg shg @ Feb 19 2005, 02:18 AM)
    Originally posted by Guppy@Feb 19 2005, 02:13 AM

Thread Information